This article shows you how to download and install the full version of Microsoft Office 2000 for free on PC. Follow the below instructions and download Microsoft Office 2000 directly to your computer.
Table of contents
- About the software
- Microsoft Office 2000 System Prerequisites
- How to download and install Microsoft Office 2000 Professional
- Required files
More information about the software
Microsoft Office 2000 (version number 9.0) is a suite of the Microsoft Office family distributed by Microsoft for Microsoft Windows. This suite replaces Microsoft Office 97. Office 2000 was the third to last edition to integrate Office Assistants and the last one without product activation. The suite was available for purchase on June 7, 1999. Microsoft Office 2000 launched on June 7, 1999. Office 2000 received 3 Service Packs. « Mainstream support » ended on June 30th 2004, while extended support officially ended on July 14th 2009. The most complete Office 2000 suite is Office 2000 Developer.
Microsoft Office 2000 System Requirements
Microsoft Office 2000 Professional includes Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher, and Small Business Tools. These are the Office 2000 requirements
- Computer/processor Desktop with Pentium 75MHz Processor or Higher
- Memory 32MB or 16MB (for Windows NT 4.0) or later for the OS. The OS uses 4MB of RAM per application, 8MB for Outlook and Access, and 4MB for all other applications.
- Hard drive: While custom installation options may need more space, for most installations you will only need 217MB. This includes the first CD (Word Excel, Outlook PowerPoint, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access). The second CD (Publisher, Small Business Tools) will require 174MB.
- Drive – CDROM drive
- Display Monitor: Super VGA or higher resolution monitor recommended
- Operating systems: Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 3 must be installed; otherwise Windows 95 is sufficient.
- Peripherals: Microsoft Mouse, Microsoft IntelliMouse, or compatible pointing device
How do I download and install Microsoft Office 2000 Professional
- Once you have finished downloading the files required, click the download button. Depending upon your download speed, it may take up to several hours.
- Extract the downloaded files. For more information on extracting, please refer to this article. The password to extract will always be: www.mysoftwarefree.com
- Open « Software Files », mount « Microsoft Office 2000 Professional Disk 1 » If you are unsure how to mount files, this article can help.
- Open the mounted file and execute setup.exe. When asked to insert a serial number, use XVG79-Q2WK3-JRPMD-9H26V-7TBYT
- Mount Microsoft Office 2000 Professional Disk 2.iso when you are asked to insert the second disc.
- The full version of Microsoft Office 2000 is now installed on your system.